What Is L-Glutathione?
L-Glutathione Powder (Reduced Glutathione) is a tri-peptide that is commonly used internally and externally for skin lightening and skin brightening purposes. It has a strong sulphuric smell and can be easily incorporated into the water phase of product formulations.
Although, the effects of L-Glutathione creams for skin lightening is generally slow and gradual it tends to boost the effects of other skin lightening ingredients when combined together. L-Glutathione is only soluble in water, and remains stable under a pH range (between 3.5-6.6).
L-Glutathione powder is compatible with SepiWhite, GigaWhite, Vitamin C, Alpha Arbutin, Kojic Acid, and Kojic Dipalmitate.
Note: Avoid mixing too many powders into one lotion, aim for no more than 3 active skin lightening ingredients in one formulation.
Guidance & Precautions
To add L-Glutathione powder to your skin lightening cream or natural brightening lotion, it involves a very easy 3 step process.
1. Ensure all your ingredients ready. 1) Any base cream 2) L-Glutathione powder 3) Distilled Water. You will also require two pots (a smaller and a larger one) to mix and dissolve the powder with the distilled water.
2) Mix 1 teaspoon (about 5 grams) in with a small amount of water. Use the double boiling method. Place the mixture (whilst still in it's original pot) onto another pot with water under heat (like a stove). Wait until the powder has fully dissolved (it will only take a few minutes - it should not be grainy or powdery).
3) Add the fully dissolved powder into your base lotion until it's fully mixed together.
Voila, you have just turned an ordinary brightening lotion, into a potent skin lightening lotion which you can use for at least 6 months. Repeat the process as you wish. Combining L-Glutathione with other active skin lightening ingredients will increase the potency of the lotion.
L-Glutathione Powder does not have any known side effects and is generally safe for most people.
This product is not intended for internal use. Do not add the powder to products containing lactic acid, or AHAs as this can affect the pH balance of the lotion. If redness, itching, or irritation occurs, discontinue use immediately.
Percentage & Usage
You should aim to use no more than 2-5% of any of our skin lightening additives in a single formulation. Using more than necessary can be counterproductive. Calculating percentages in a lotion is very straightforward, and guidelines have been shown below.
To make a 2% lotion, use 2grams of the L-Glutathione Powder in a 100gram base lotion.
To make a 5% lotion, use 5grams of the L-Glutathione Powder in a 100gram base lotion.
Facts about L-Glutathione
1. L-Glutathione is only soluble in water.
2. L-Glutathione is a highly unstable molecule as such careful preparation and storage is needed
3. Store your L-Glutathione powder in the fridge to ensure it remains potent and effective for future use.
4. Adding about 1-2 teaspoons (6-10grams) to a 4ounce lotion will create a 5-10% L-Glutathione Formulation. Only add more larger batches.
Get Email Exclusive Discounts
(Spam? Nope. we play by the rules)
Disclaimer: Products sold by SHCGlutathione and Co. or it's accredited distributors are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.
Find out more about how the FDA supports and regulates the sale of supplements. Learn more.