What is the Yellow Peeling Oil?
The Yellow Peeling Oil by The Good Peel is a strong-strength AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid) based oil that contains a potent mix of AHA's designed to effectively remove dark marks, hyper-pigmentation, spots, and acne scarring.
As it's a layered peel, (meaning it contains more than one peeling agent), it has a stronger effect on the skin than generic AHA peels. It is suitable for use on all skin types, although, if you have a particular skin condition, such as eczema and dermatitis, we would advise consulting with your dermatologist before using.
What is in the Yellow Peeling Oil?
Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Malic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Citric Acid, Vitamin A.
Guidance & Precautions
As recommended by dermatologists it is crucial that you only use this peel if you are familiar with your skin type, your skin history or you have used AHA based products before with no complications. The extent of the peeling will vary from person to person, however, to avoid post-hyper-pigmentation, please follow the instructions below as carefully as possible:
1) Wash and clean the area of your body or face that you wish to apply the peeling oil to. Do not scrub or use exfoliants a few days prior, as this can aggravate the skin, making it more sensitive.
2) Apply the peeling oil 3x per day, ideally in the afternoon or evening (every few hours) for at least 3-4 days only. It is important you do not apply for longer than 4 days. Consider doing this treatment on the weekend or on your days off from work when you are less likely to be disrupted. If you must shower, do so, without soap or extra exfoliants. Allow the product to fully sink into the skin before re-applying.
3) The peeling process generally begins on the 3rd or 4th day. Once the skin shows signs of superficial peeling, (dry, leathery, shiny or chapped skin), do not pick the skin. Do not remove the dead layer of skin yourself, instead let it fall off naturally. You can wash, and bathe as normal but avoid extra exfoliants during this time.
4) Aim to take care of the new skin layer as much as possible. Soften the dead skin to fall off by washing with warm water, and moisturizing heavily. This will quicken the peeling process.
The skin may be itchy whilst it's peeling, this is normal and will generally occur as the dead skin layer sheds. If redness occurs, do not touch the skin, but instead aim to keep the skin as moisturized as possible. Do not use skin lightening agents, or lotions at this time.
5. Once the peeling process has finished, you can return to using your natural skin lightening agents as normal, but during this time, you must avoid extra exfoliants and other AHA products. We do not advise using hydroquinone, or steroid based products during this time. The new skin layer will be hyper sensitive and will absorb any product you use. Please bear that in mind.
1. The new skin layer will be hyper-sensitive, so avoid applying any lotions, skin lightening products, or any AHA based products. This can lead to irritation and post hyper-pigmentation.
2. Do not scratch or peel the skin.
3. Minimize your exposure to sunlight, and if possible, apply sunscreen as much as you can. Zinc/Titanium-based sunscreens offer the highest protection.
4. Do not do more than 3 sessions of peeling over the course of a month. Overusing the product and peeling excessively will do more harm than good.
Application fan brushes are available.
State "request for a fan brush" in your order notes.
We advise conducting a patch test prior to applying the peeling solution to large areas of skin. The YPO is effective for all skin types, however, we always advise conducting a patch to avoid any adverse effects.
1) The peeling solution should be applied to clean, dry skin, only. The skin must be free from bruises and scratches (applying to bruised skin may result in stinging or irritation)
2) Apply the peeling solution using a brush for more even distribution. The application should be even around the skin while avoiding the circles of the mouth, eyes, and inner nostrils.
3) Apply multiple layers of the peeling solution in 20-30 minutes intervals (max. 4x per day) for a deeper and faster peel.
4) Do not wash the skin for at least 3 days if you'd like your skin to peel at a quicker rate. If this is not possible, you can bath with a mild soap and water. This allows the solution to penetrate the deeper layers of the skin.
5) You can apply a whitening lotion or cream after 3-4 days of peeling or once the skin has healed.
6) Avoid any direct sunlight whilst peeling, if redness occurs, allow the skin to heal and do not reapply to that area.
- Discontinue the use of chemical exfoliants at least 1 week prior to conducting a chemical peel. This includes the use of Retinoids, AHA, and BHA based products. - Discontinue the use of a tanning bed, and waxing at least 7-10 days prior to using this peeling agent. - Avoid excessive heat and limit all sun-exposure, this includes avoiding the gym at least 24-48 hours before using the peeling oil. - Avoid the use of all manual exfoliants such as loofahs, exfoliating gloves, etc at least 24-48 hours prior to conducting a peel. - Avoid applying make up on the day of your peel to give the skin some time to stabilize.
Ideal skin for a peel should be clean, a little dry (not too much), with no open wounds or visible bruising.
Do not apply on damaged skin that has not yet healed.
- Do not pick or peel at the peeling skin. If done so, this will result in post-peel hyperpigmentation. To get the best results, allow the skin to fall off on its own. The dead skin layer acts as a protective layer for the skin underneath. Allowing it to fall off naturally is the best way. - Wash and bathe as normal only after the application period. For an even peel do not allow water to touch the surface of the skin during the application period of 3-4 days. Otherwise, you may experience a blotchy peel (i.e deeper in certain areas and not in others) You can very lightly scrub the skin to slough away any hanging dead layers of skin whilst showering, however, avoid any rigorous touching or rubbing. - During the first 7-10 days post-peel do not use any chemical exfoliants, exfoliating soaps, tanning beds, exfoliating products, and avoid fragrances (if possible). Do not have electrolysis, facial waxing, or use depilatories for the first 7 days post peel. Keep the skin well hydrated and moisturized using a mild moisturizer, such as a glycerin-based product to lock and seal in moisture. Apply petroleum jelly, or CeraVe when necessary. Do not allow the skin to remain dry for long. Epsom and magnesium salt baths will help to loosen the dead skin layer, so consider incorporating a few during the process.
After the peeling process is complete, follow up with a skin lightening lotion of your choice. Your lotions and potions will absorb into the new skin layer almost instantly. This is both a good thing and a bad thing. Your new skin layer will be hypersensitive and prone to hyperpigmentation if it is not taken care of. Avoid all AHA based products for at least 1 week and do not undergo another peel for the remaining 3-4 weeks (or until skin has healed).
Guidance and instructions are listed here for a reason. Follow them.
Following proper pre-peel and post-peel care instructions are crucial to seeing desirable results from a chemical peel.
Can the Yellow Peeling Oil solve my hyper-pigmentation?
→ Yes, it certainly can. As it's a superficial peeling oil, there is very little chance of post-peel hyper-pigmentation (known as PIH) occurring as a result of the peel (unless overused or used improperly - please refer to the instructions above). The Yellow Peeling Oil is a much safer option compared to a chemical peel as it does not need to be neutralised, the product stays on the skin, and absorbs into the skin over a number of days. The skin typically peels in sheets, and there may be some short down-time involved.
The Yellow Peeling Oil is ideal for those with epidermal layer hyper-pigmentation (brown hyper-pigmentation), dark spots, and acne scarring. It can help to remove years of dark spots, and hyper-pigmentation within a few sessions of peeling. It is not ideal for those with dermal layer hyper-pigmentation, which is deeper and of a blue-black color.
Can the Yellow Peeling Oil remove old scars?
→ It can remove old scars, dependant on the extent of the scarring, and how deep the scarred tissue is. By peeling the surface layers of the skin, the skin is forced to regenerate new skin tissue and new collagen. This results in a diminishing of old scars, dark marks and layers of dead skin. Regular skin peeling through chemical exfoliants is a great way to achieve a more youthful glow, more radiant skin, and to allow the skin to remain younger and firmer for longer. For individuals using skin lightening treatments, such as Glutathione, superficial skin peeling is essential to revealing lighter, clearer skin.
Before & Afters
Each product user is sent a request to leave us their honest, unbiased review regarding our products in order to help others make an informed choice before their purchase. If you'd like us to publish your review, kindly get in touch with us via email.
This peel works amazingly. I have done peels before, and never had such a good result. The hyperpigmentation on my knees lifted completely after 2 peels. I will continue to use this product and do a peel once every few weeks and I look forward to using your Glutathione and DIY skin lightening products. BTW: for anyone reading this review, I would NOT recommend using this a lot on the face. It is very strong unless you are really okay with doing peels.
This really peeled my skin in the area I wanted it too. I followed it up with a natural skin lightening lotion and I can honestly say my hyperpigmentation is about 90% gone in a matter of 1 and half months. This really really does the job for exfoliating and the bottle is tiny but lasts forever. Only disappointing thing is I can't get this quickly as it sells out so damnn fast
My feet arms and knuckles have never looked better. It was like a snake peeling off dead skin. I also used a natural skin lightener afterwards and my skin lightened really evenly. From just one bottle, I got more than 3 uses out of it with still some left so it is good value because you only need a small amount. Very professional service from their customer service team.
I don't know what secret ingredient is in this peel, but it didnt just peel my skin it lightened it too. Other glycolic peels I have used have just peeled the surface layers of my skin, and my skin goes back to before, I can see this goes much deeper. - 1 because it is quite oily and u need to wait a few minutes for it too sink in.
This peeling oil is one of the best I have ever used. My feet and hands are lightening so much better since I used it. Delivery took a little longer than expected though but I cant recommend this enough!
Get Email Exclusive Discounts
(Spam? Nope. we play by the rules)
Disclaimer: Products sold by SHCGlutathione and Co. or it's accredited distributors are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.
Find out more about how the FDA supports and regulates the sale of supplements. Learn more.