What Is Alpha Arbutin Powder?
Alpha Arbutin is derived from the bearberry plant, and unlike hydroquinone, it has no negative side effects on the skin. When applied topically, it is known to inhibit tyrosinase activity, and prevent the formation of melanin. Compared to Beta Arbutin, Alpha Arbutin is more stable, and also more expensive to manufacture. Due to its effect on the tyrosinase enzyme, and it's ability to be used safely, dermatologists consider Alpha Arbutin the safest option to skin lightening and minimizing dark spots.
Although it is effective just on its own, when paired with other natural skin lightening agents, such as Vitamin C, Niacinamide, and Kojic Acid, it has a much more potent skin lightening effect on the skin. Alpha Arbutin is a water-soluble compound that can be added to your natural skin lightening lotion/base lotion to create a natural skin lightening effect on the skin.
Alpha Arbutin powder is compatible with SepiWhite, GigaWhite, Vitamin C, L-Glutathione, Kojic Acid, and Kojic Dipalmitate.
Note: Avoid mixing too many powders into one lotion, aim for no more than 3 active skin lightening ingredients in one formulation.
Guidance & Precautions
To add Alpha Arbutin powder to your skin lightening cream or natural brightening lotion, it involves a very easy 3 step process.
1. Ensure all your ingredients ready. 1) Any base cream 2) Alpha arbutin powder 3) Distilled Water. You will also require two pots (a smaller and a larger one) to mix and dissolve the powder with the distilled water.
2) Mix 1 teaspoon (about 5 grams) in with a small amount of water. Use the double boiling method. Place the mixture (whilst still in it's original pot) onto another pot with water under heat (like a stove). Wait until the powder has fully dissolved (it will only take a few minutes - it should not be grainy or powdery).
3) Add the fully dissolved powder into your base lotion until it's fully mixed together.
Voila, you have just turned an ordinary brightening lotion, into a potent skin lightening lotion which you can use for at least 6 months. Repeat the process as you wish. Adding Kojic Acid powder will increase the potency of the lotion.
Alpha arbutin does not have any known side effects, and is generally safe for most people.
However, this product is not intended for internal use. Do not add the powder to products containing lactic acid, or AHAs as this can affect the pH balance of the lotion. If redness, itching, or irritation occurs, discontinue use immediately.
Percentage & Usage
You should aim to use no more than 2-5% of any of our skin lightening additives in a single formulation. Using more than necessary can be counterproductive. Calculating percentages in a lotion is very straightforward, and guidelines have been shown below.
To make a 2% lotion, use 2grams of the Alpha Arbutin Powder in a 100gram base lotion.
To make a 5% lotion, use 5grams of the Alpha Arbutin Powder in a 100gram base lotion.
Facts about Alpha Arbutin Powder
1. Alpha Arbutin is only soluble in water.
2. Alpha Arbutin is the preferred Arbutin, as it's more stable than Beta Arbutin. For this reason, it is generally more expensive than it's counterpart, Beta Arbutin.
3. Aim to use your Alpha Arbutin Enriched Skin Lightening lotion within a 4-6 month time period.
Get Email Exclusive Discounts
(Spam? Nope. we play by the rules)
Disclaimer: Products sold by SHCGlutathione and Co. or it's accredited distributors are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.
Find out more about how the FDA supports and regulates the sale of supplements. Learn more.